Choose compare and contrast essay topics and forget about the stress
Most of the professors love assigning compare and contrast essays, as they allow you to share your thoughts on the subject, taking into account various aspects of the topic, without providing only a single-sided approach. Such essays engage all areas of the study not depending on your major. For example, a compare and contrast essay on living in the city or on a farmshould provide information on the main similarities and differences of living in such an area. You need to prove your professor that you are able to distinguish them and can provide both pros and cons of any subject, widening your horizons and accepting a different point of view.
That is why it is so important to have a clear understanding of what this assignment is about and what you can do to achieve the best possible results. Try to look for samples online if it is your first compare and contrast assignment and note down the structure they are using. Make sure you have all the information you need to build strong arguments and relevant data to back your ideas on the topic, as the main aim of such tasks is about contrasts and not your writing abilities.
How to complete an outstanding compare and contrast essay
If you want to deliver a flawless essay, you may need some help and here is a list of advices you can use to get started or simply to polish your compare and contrast essay:
- Shaping an argument. Choose two subjects you can compare and contrast. They need to be in the same area but be different in a certain way. For example, homemade or grocery store pastry. You can also choose two topics, which don’t seem to have anything in common but have an interesting similarity. One of the best topics in such sort of assignments is to compare movies and books, as they have lots of similarities and differences;
- Make sure that your comparison has a meaning, i.e. you not only write a brief ‘Topic A and topic B have following differences/similarities’ but explain why you decided to put them together. For example, you can convey what can be missed out if you decided to think about the two topics separately;
- Devote some time to brainstorming. It is impossible to start writing a contrast and compare essay at once, so you need to be patient, collecting information and thinking about all the aspects you want to include to your work;
- Concentrate on the main points. Almost every topic can have multiple features but your essay should concentrate only on a few of them, not distracting attention of the audience. That is why you need to make sure you have marked out one or two key features, which will be described throughout your work;
- Work on your thesis. It is impossible to overestimate the importance of this section, as it gives the reader a chance to understand whether he wants to continue reading. You need to make your thesis brief and interesting, explaining why the topic is interesting and important;
- Make an outline. Not depending on the topic you are going to choose, don’t forget to include introduction, body paragraphs, acknowledgements and conclusions. They are the key parts of your compare and contrast essay, so you alwaysneed to have that outline in front of you not to forget something and include all the details to your essay;
- Explain the ‘why’. Many students decide that it is enough to provide comparisons and contrasts without explaining why they are so important and why you decided to put them in one paper.Every body paragraph should be finished with a sort of conclusion, reminding readers about topic’s relevance and importance.
Choosing proper compare and contrast essay topics can also become a huge problem but you can always consult your professor or simply find examples online. Below is a list of a few ideas, which may greatly simplify your life and help you make up your mind:
- Famous figures. You can always compare and contrast people and there will be plenty of material to use. For example, Edward Snowden and Julius Caesar, Joseph Stalin and Adolf Hitler;
- History periods and events, including comparison of various centuries, geographical territories and so on;
- Essays on religion, i.e. Catholicism and Protestantism, Judaism and Christianity, Jesus Christ and Buddha;
- Countries and cities;
- Education. For example, universities (big and small, private and public).
With the help of such simple but important advices you will surely achieve great results, obtain high scores and improve your writing and analytical skills with minimum efforts!
A simple way to improve your grades - deliver a great assignment
All the mentioned tips and advices will definitely help you to choose outstanding compare and contrast topics and to complete the task as best as you can. However, if you feel that you don’t have enough time or energy, your deadlines are burning or you simply don’t want to spend days and nights at the library, we know a simple way out.
You can contact Writemyfirstessay if you experience any sort of difficulties and our writers, editors and proofreaders will help you to complete it in the best possible way. We guarantee that your task will have no flaws and every paragraph will be personalized and shaped according to your demands and guidelines.
If you want your compare and contrast essay stand out from the rest, just contact our managers or leave a request on our website, and you will be assigned with a writer, who has background in your field of studies. Our managers work round the clock, so you will never have to wait for an answer! Don’t hesitate to entrust your compare and contrast essay to professionals and we guarantee that you will be more than satisfied with the results.
Compare Contrast Essay Topics College Level
Cover Letter Example Of Comparison Essay Apa Example Of Comparison
Cause And Effect Topics For An Essay Ideas About Cause And Effect
Comparison And Contrast Writing For Success
Easy Compare And Contrast Essay What Are Good Compare And Contrast
Good Topics For Compare And Contrast Essay Compare And Contrast
Good Informative Essay Topics For College Students Choosing An
Compare Contrast Essay Examples Middle School Essays Examples
Best Essay Topics For High School Persuasive Essay Topics For High
Fun Compare And Contrast Essay Topics Compare And Contrast Essay
Essay Good Comparison Essay Topics Compare And Contrast Essays
Comparison Essay Topics For High School
Comparing And Contrasting Essay Topics Comparison And Contrast
Cover Letter Compare And Contrast Essay Outline Example Compare
Essay Thesis Example Of A Comparison Contrast Essay Contrast Essay
Good Essay Topics For College
Debate Essay Topics Ideas About Argumentative Writing
Compare Contrast Essay Topics College Level
Best Essay Topics For High School Middle School Persuasive Essay
How To Write A Contrast Essay