Application Deadline: August 6th 2016
In commemoration of the 20th anniversary of Nigeria’s victory at the Men’s Football Event of the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games,Goal Nigeria and the University of Sussex, United Kingdom, have announced the #WritingGamesNG, an essay writing competition.
The #WritingGamesNG theme is “The spirit of Atlanta ’96 – how sport and Olympic values can promote individual and national development.”
The competition is open to final year undergraduate and post-graduate students in both Nigerian and overseas institutions and National Youth Service Corps personnel in Nigeria.
The competition is to celebrate the unprecedented victory of the Nigeria men’s football team that won Africa’s first football gold medal 20 years ago.
- Must be a final year student of a Nigerian university/polytechnic or a Nigerian final year student in an overseas university and have a valid travel document.
- Must be a current NYSC personnel. IDs will be presented alongside entries.
- By participating, entrants agree that their names, profiles and images can be used for publicity purposes for the competition.
- Entries must be between 500-750 words and will be judged on the originality of ideas,
- Entries will only be accepted via the official email, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries close at midnight on August 6, 2016.
- Winners will be announced on August 12, 2016 via the Goal website.
- The Gold Medal winner will be awarded a certificate of achievement from the University of Sussex and Goal Nigeria as well as a four-day trip to the Writivism 2016 Festival in Kampala, Uganda.
- The winning entry will also be published on the websites of Goal.com and the University of Sussex.
- The winner will also be matched with a mentor from Writivism to help with professional development.
- The Silver and Bronze Medal winners will receive certificates of achievement and will win placement opportunities at Goal Nigeria to undertake internships. Both entries will be published on Goal.com.
- All three finalists will have an opportunity to contribute editorials towards Goal.com coverage of the Olympic Games and will also receive branded items from Sussex and other partners.
- The competition will be judged by Professor Richard Follett from the University of Sussex, Professor Dipo Salami from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, and the Goal Nigeria Editorial Board.
- The competition is also supported by AIESEC Nigeria.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Goal Nigeria/University of Sussex #WritingGamesNG Essay Writing Competition 2016
The 2018 Scholarship Essay Competition
The 2018 Scholarship Essay Competition runs from January 5 through February 28, 2018.
We are no longer accepting submissions for the 2018 contest. Please check back for future scholarship contests.
What Career is Right for Me presents a writing contest that offers a great cash prize. We know how important and difficult choosing a career can be. Our goal is to provide you with as much information as possible to point you in the right direction. You can help others by sharing your story with over 50,000 subscribers that have taken our career aptitude test. To win the contest, all you need to do is write up and submit an essay about how you made your career choice.
This year's topic is: What factors did you consider when picking a career or major? How and why did you make that decision?
How to Enter
To enter the contest, entrants must submit an essay of at least 500 words, but no more than 1,000 words, on our website. Please review all the guidelines below, and submit your entry on this page, using the embedded form.
There's no cost at all for entry, and it's available to anyone in the world who wants to enter. Do you think you have what it takes? Then read on!
Winner Takes All Prize - $500
All payments will be made in US dollars.
All entries must be sent to us between January 5 and February 28, 2018. The winners will be announced on March 15, 2018.
Entry in the Contest is open to persons 18 years of age or older. Employees of Sponsor, their immediate family members, and persons living in the same household as employees or their immediate family members are not eligible. Limit one (1) Contest Entry per person.
By submitting your paper, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of the contest, and accept the judge's decision as final.
- All entries must be your own original work. All entries will be checked scrupulously for plagiarism. If we determine any of your work to be plagiarized, your entry will be instantly disqualified.
- All entries should be between 500-1,000 words.
- All entries must be written in English only.
- Entries can be submitted in the following file formats: .doc, .pdf, and .docx. Images can be used in your essay if you feel that they are necessary to your work. Please ensure you have the proper rights to any images included.
- You are 18 years or older.
- You are providing permission for us to publish your essay on our website and share through social media channels.
- You are limited to a single entry. Please edit and proofread before submitting as we will only consider your first entry valid.
- Submit your entry using the form on this page.
The staff at What Career is Right for Me will read all entries and make a final decision on the best essay. Make sure you submit your best work in order to get their attention!
Why you should enter
You have a chance to win $500 and your work will be published on our website for all your friends and family to see.
Make sure you read the guidelines closely before you begin, and good luck!
View the entries from our 2016-17 essay contest here!
Submit Your Entry
We are no longer accepting submissions for the January 2017 contest. Any submissions received after January 15, 2017 will be eligible for the next contest, scheduled for this summer.
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer